Monday, June 11, 2012

Notes from Sis. Chris: Wednesday, 6 June 2012



I’ve written this even before leaving you at camp, but even in advance I’m feeling the way I always feel when I leave you; kind of sad and kind of nervous, and kind of like my family is incomplete. I’m also feeling like I always do when I think about you; very confident and hopeful. You are so capable and good. I have been greatly blessed to love you and feel like you are part of my family even though I know we aren’t really related.

I’m also blessed to know your real families and I love them too. I know each of your families has strengths and weaknesses, peaceful times and times of contention, good memories and sad ones. I also know that there are times when you don’t feel that your families really understand you or your desires. And, you’re right, sometimes they don’t, but your Heavenly Father does. And, he understands your parents and siblings, and grandparents, and aunts and uncles and cousins, even though sometime you don’t.

Sisters of the OH1 YW
Have you ever thought that maybe Heavenly Father needed you to be in the family to which you were born because of the great light you would share with them? I know your family members bless your life too, but it’s when what matters most to you is what you do for them glow. I think Heavenly Father wants each of us to grow where we’re planted so he planted us in families not just where we can bloom best, but where we can illuminate our environments and help others to bloom also.

You’ve illuminated my life in so many beautiful ways. I can hardly wait until I see you again tomorrow!

Love you!
Sis Chris

2 comments:

  1. You must all feel so loved and accepted. Always remember these words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it's like everyone on the left side of the picture is calm and then everyone on the right side is going insane :)

    -Court

    ReplyDelete